The Deben Players believe that they offer a positive experience to all of their members including children. It’s a society where new skills can be learned in a safe and positive environment and the society is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members.
The society believes it is important that members, their family and anyone associated with the Deben Players should show respect and understand the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open and to share concerns or complaints, in confidence, that they may have about any aspect of the society. If you have concerns, please email them to either:
As a parent or carer of a junior member of the Deben Players, you are expected to abide by the following eight points:
- Positively reinforce and encourage your child to show an interest in the activities organised by the Deben Players
- Complete the membership form online and pay the membership fee when due *
- Endeavour to deliver and collect your child punctually **
- Inform the organiser prior to rehearsals/production if your child is being collected early/late and by whom.
- Ensure your child understands the Code of Conduct for Juniors
- Show appreciation and support to the production team on the decisions with respect to your child
- Encourage your child to wear suitable clothing as directed by the production team
- Be part of the team by signing up to be a chaperone, front of house, backstage, wardrobe, get in and get out.
If at any time the above code is not followed, then this will be addressed by the production team and if of a serious nature may result in dismissal of your child from the Deben Players without refund of any membership fees paid.
* include information regarding any medical conditions of the child and permission for photographs to be used for promotional reasons
** collect your child from within the rehearsal hall/theatre
Name(s) of child/children
Signature of parent/carer
V1 Feb 2017